Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Can NOAA weather radio still be heard on older radios?

Lucien Hellerman: yesthe HD digital format is used for television not radio

Felicitas Phildor: Well, my dad still has his weather band radio and still uses it. And since I've woken up to that sound on weekends for as long as I can remember, I'm guessing it's pretty old.

Phil Kuarez: With the new HD digital format, I was not sure. I cannot get the signal any more on my Sony radio.

Babette Deloe: If you are looking for a good weather radio;Here : http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr...

Flor Lizardi: NOAA weather radio operates in analog FM. Any radio capable of receiving analog FM in the VHF band is capable of receiving the NOAA weather radio broadcasts.If you can not receive the signal anymore, try moving the radio to a different location or if it has an antenna, move the antenna around in different directions to get better reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment