Sunday, April 12, 2020

2008 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 Turbo 25,000 Maintenance?

Brian Freedland: Turbo's generally need to be serviced twice as much. 4 times a year or every 5000miles compare to a NA non turbo engine car.

Leif Serabia: 2.0T cars is 5k and the 2.5L is every 10k.

Miguel Koczela: the 5000 mile interval is just for the oil. They were supposed to reset the code in the computer so that it only alerts you every 10k miles for service. In most cases they didn't do it. They didn't do it for mine either but I do all my own maintenance. If you have the VW care free maintenance thing that they offer on new cars, they change the oil every 10k miles, not every 5k. I have had oil analysis done on my car after 5k miles and the oil was still in great shape. If you go back to the dealer ask them to fix the MFD to alert after 10k miles, not 5k. Personally I change my own oil every 5k just because I am anal about the car....Show more

Alisa Kaleiwahea: Volkswagen Passat Maintenance Schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment