Monday, July 13, 2020

My bracket fell off, Orthodontist is closed. Help?  

My bracket fell off, Orthodontist is closed. Help?  

answers 0:I just broke off a bracket and the ortho doesnt open till monday! it was in the back and now the wire is poking me! it hurts really bad. too long for wax. what can i do! HELP!answers 1:If it is a light wire you can use finger nail clippers to cut it. If it is a heavier wire have your dad use a pair of wire cutters being careful not to break another bracket and cut the wire so it does not bother you. Most Orthodontist dont mind if you do this. They don't want you to be in pain. I have had braces for three years now and have been and orthodontic assistant for 3 and a half years. I am always sure to explain that to my patients and their parents. Hope that helps.answers 2:I'd suggest orthodontic wax, or if you have an eraser (like on the end of a pencil), break that into a kinda smallish piec! e and put it on the back of the wire. I've had to do that when my wire was poking me till I could get to the orthodontist.Good luck!answers 3:That happened to me, I cut mine off.answers 4:Phone NHS 24 or something like that. They will be able to find something available to you..If you live in the UK.Hope this helps! =]...

No comments:

Post a Comment